Jacuzzi gas Tankless water heater installation Guide
Step 1: Remove the Old Water Heater1. Turn off the water, gas supply valves, and power.
2. Drain and disconnect the old water heater.
Step 2: Install New Gas Line
1. Install a tee and valve in the existing gas line if needed.
2. Run a new gas supply line – using flexible gas supply line or black pipe – from the
tee to a point where it can be easily attached to the gas line of the new water
Step 3: Install New Water Lines
1. Tie in new hot and cold water lines to the existing water lines with copper pipe and
run the lines to the new water heater. Use bell hangers to hold pipe securely in
place against the wall – this will also make it easy to apply pipe insulation later.
2. Clean the pipes and connectors before soldering to remove oxidation.
3. Apply flux to the end of the pipe, slip pipe and connectors together, heat copper
with a torch, and solder pipes together.
Step 4: Mount the Water Heater1. Build a platform with 2X4’s that will allow you to mount the new tankless water about
4-inches from the wall. Be careful to choose a location for the new water heater
that will allow you to vent it to the outside easily.
2. Mount the tankless water heater securely to the platform.